Friday, July 23, 2010

Mookies (A Post About Moving and Cookies)



Big week ahead. Andy and I are going to steam clean the carpet this weekend and take our couch down to the bulk trash unit. FINALLY! I have wanted to get rid of this couch for about a year. The couch never bothered me in the other apartment, of course the couch's purpose was different. In the studio we had the bed, and the couch was used as a dumping ground for purses, coats, etc. In this place, we actually use the couch, but it is so uncomfortable. A part of my body always falls asleep whenever I sit on it.



Woo!! Bye Bye couch!!

I want to pack up the kitchen this weekend. That way I have Monday and Tuesday to deep clean. For a few days we'll be living like we're camping. I go to get the trailer on Wednesday. We'll be packing that evening and then leaving Thursday morning to drive to Atlanta. So far I've mocked the move out in the living room on our area rug. The rug is the same size as the trailer.
I've added more since then, but you get the gist.

In other news....

I've set a goal to design 20 cookie recipes, take pictures and make a book. So far I have completed two recipes that I think are pretty yummy. I need to make more local friends to taste cookies so I don't get fat. I just ate a batch of 30 cookies this past week, and just made another batch of 24. Same cookie, but modified the recipe-second time around was damn good-and a keeper. I keep a pad by my bed to write down ideas. I guess I had the Wizard of Oz on my mind last night because I came up with a "wicked" cookie and "Glinda's cookie"- still need a catchier name for that one. Still trying to decide on what type of cookie to make for Dorothy. The cookie I made this past time was inspired by Sar. Never in my life had I ever had a s'more until I went to the mountains with her family. So my "Want S'more?" cookie was inspired by that. I wrote down 8 cookie ideas last night. My next one on my to do list was inspired by my sister and a bit of Ireland.

"Want S'more?" - is that a cookie or a question? :P

I went to the District this past week to have lunch with my friend. It was nice to catch up with her but I completely killed my calf muscles. The escalator to the metro was down. Didn't seem like a big deal since I had to go down, but I forgot you use more muscles going down than up. 2 days and my calf muscles feel like jell-o. They hurt when they're touched. If I even try to stand on my tippy toes I want to cry, and I've never hated living on the second floor more than I do now. Dear lord going down the stairs is a bitch! However, always a silver lining- I got a pretty decent picture of Dorothy's shoes while I was there. I had really wanted to see Einstein though. I have a picture with the statue from many years ago-and not many people know about him. He's one of the few statues in the District that you can climb on. I just couldn't make it there in the heat and pain- too damn far to walk.

Enough rambling-I should think of some more recipes before bed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment