Thursday, May 13, 2010

"C" is for Cookie


So, this past week I tried to make Mexican Wedding cookies. Now, over Christmas I made them because 1) they are one of my mom's favorite cookies and 2) they looked like they're covered in snow from all the confectioner sugar. The Christmas cookie turned out well on the first day, but over time they just lost their flavor and took on a completely different flavor...one that was not good. So, I found a new recipe to use in a Food Network cookbook. They're not called Mexican Wedding cookies, but they may as well be. It's essentially the same cookie. These cookies came out GREAT!! Unlike the recipe I tried at Christmas, these cookies keep their taste. The only down side to this recipe is that the cookies do tend to get pretty hard by about the 3rd day. Otherwise, it's a great cookie recipe.


Then, around this past Tuesday I got an idea for a new cookie. It's the first time I've ever created a recipe. I mean I usually tweak, but I think everyone does that from to time. But this time, I actually created a recipe. The dough was very good and the cookies look promising. I will let you know how the rest turns out.

Everything else is going well. Currently I am covered in flour, it's not baking if it isn't messy. :) I have one more day until my weekend, and a part of me is really dreading the class I'll be in. I've never been in this class before, but I feel spoiled from these last two days. I've had a pretty decent class. In the meantime, I'm just a leaf in the breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment